Today myself and my good friend Lillie decided that it was about time we baked some Carrot Cake Muffins. And so we did.
We took inspiration from a really simple Mary Berry (Queen of Everything) recipe and put our own twist into it. It turned out so deliciously I thought I’d share it with you all!
If you really fill up your muffin cases this should make about 12.
For the cake…
- 225g self raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 150g dark brown soft sugar
- 75g carrots, grated
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 150ml sunflower oil
For the icing…
- 180g full fat cream cheese (we used Philadelphia)
- 50g butter
- 100g icing sugar
- a few drops of vanilla essence
- walnuts to decorate
- Pre-heat the oven to 150 degrees C (gas mark 4).
- Mix all the cake ingredients in a bowl until blended and smooth.
- Measure out into muffin cases and bake for about 20 mins but do keep checking!
- Allow to cool.
- For icing, mix all the icing ingredients (except the walnuts) in a bowl or food processor until smooth.
- Now top the cooled muffins with the icing and decorate the top of that with the walnuts.
- Enjoy and don’t forget to store them in the fridge and the icing is soft!
Here’s what the finished product should look like! (or could look like…)
The ingredients (minus baking powder and sugar, oops) out and ready to start!
Old school scales…
Bakers gonna bake.
A rather large carrot…
A rather large banana…
Out of the oven and cooling down.
Iced and ready to eat, yum!!
It was such a fun day baking, laughing and eating a little too much cream cheese icing out of the bowl… I hope you like the recipe and enjoy baking them as much and me and Lillie did.
Thanks for reading, see you next week!