Recently I made some easy, festive gingerbread cookies that are completely vegan! I followed a Deliciously Ella recipe, she has tonnes of really yummy vegan recipes so be sure to check her out. I did however add an icing twist to mine for extra scrumminess. This is the perfect snack for Christmas day and a treat to take into the new year…
You will need:
180g flour (I used normal flour but if you’re GF you can substitute)
95ml maple syrup
2 tbsps ground ginger
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp chia seeds
– Blend the almonds and the pecans until they form a flour.
– Add the rest of the ingredients and combine into a dough like mixture.
– Roll out the mixture with a flour covered rolling pin until thin and smooth.
– Cut the dough into the desired shape and then place on grease-proof paper on a baking tray.
– Bake for 15-20 mins at 200 degrees (fan 180) until golden, then leave to cool.
I then added vegan royal icing to mine which is made exactly the same way as normal royal icing but by substituting egg for chickpea water (amazing, right?!). It tastes no different, I promise.
They’re so delicious and go down a treat with all the family, they’ll never know they’re vegan…
Merry Christmas and happy baking!