So I’ve been attempting to post more regularly on the blog, aiming at at least every Sunday and guess what, this Sunday rolled around and here I am with nothing prepared. I’ve actually been really quite busy in recent weeks so I thought that today I’d fill you all in a little bit on what I’ve been up to!
- Auditioning – I’ve been regularly on the train to London to attend auditions which has all been very exciting but also quite a struggle. You have to go into an acting career knowing you’re going to face hundreds of rejections in comparison to jobs so you have to be okay with that, which I am, but it can be rather draining and frustrating knowing exactly what you want to be working in and not being able to do it! I did find out this week though that I actually managed to get a part in a short film shooting at the start of next year, hooray!
- Driving lessons – Yep, I started my driving lessons again recently… It’s going well but I just feel like passing is going to take me forever! Just got to keep practicing I suppose.
- Went to the theatre – I went to the Hampstead Theatre with my friend Guro to watch ‘I and You’ starring Maisie Williams. I had a lovely time, very much enjoyed the play and it was great to catch up with my friend afterwards too.
- Worked with the BBC – This was quite the exciting day! I got to work for a day in a BBC drama (very very minorly, I’m most definitely not the lead haha), I’m not sure I can let on more about the project than that but it was such a great day and very informative to watch top actors do their job, and just to be fully submerged in the TV making world.
- Worked – I also work two days a week with the youngest class at a local theatre school and it’s so wonderful. You never quite know what to expect working with children and they can come out with some crazy things. It’s so great to watch them grow in confidence and a love for acting each week though.
- Caught up with a visiting pal – My friend Emily was briefly down for a visit from Birmingham where she lives and works. She’s been a friend of mine for nearly 15 years and it was so nice to see her! We went on an Autumnal walk to some local woods and had a good old life catch up.
So that’s been my life in the past couple of weeks, busy, crazy and at times emotional! Let me know what you’ve been up to.