First things first; happy new year! I hope you brought in the new year exactly how you wanted to. Whether that was with a cosy night in or a crazy night out, I hope it was a good’n.
This year I decided I wanted to make some slightly different new year’s resolutions. I wanted to make ones that I was actually going to stick to for starters but also I didn’t want these resolutions to have anything to do with my career, looks or relationships. I wanted this year’s resolutions to focus solely on my inner self and what I can do to better myself with no affecting outside factors. That way I can carry through these resolutions no matter what circumstance I’m in. It’s the year of investing in myself, making happiness a priority and cutting out anything that interferes with my well-being and these are the resolutions I made with myself to help make that happen…
- Read the Bible in a year – Every year I tell myself I’m going to do this but this is the year! I have an app at the ready and I’m going to do my best to make it happen. Reading the Bible is so grounding and really helps me to feel secure and comfortable within myself, so why not read the whole thing in a year?!
- Be more sustainable– I want to make a real effort this year to never get a plastic bag or a takeaway cup ever again! I want to recycle efficiently, grow and make more and just do as much as I can for planet Earth. I’m going to live a far more environmentally conscious 2019.
- Stop comparing myself – Comparison is the thief of joy and I’m not going to allow myself to entertain negative thoughts anymore! Whether it be someones job or lifestyle to their body or clothes, I am going to be me to the best of my ability and try my best to not compare myself to anyone else. Everyone has their own journey and their own timings in life and I’m going to focus on my own from now on.
- More self care– I’m going to look after myself a little bit more this year. Mentally and physically I want to care for, appreciate and love my mind and body in 2019.
- Stay vegan– I was vegan for all of 2018 and I’m ready to carry it on. For the environment and for my health, veganism is the way forward for me!
As a little bonus I’m also going to attempt a ‘no spend January’. That means no cafe’s (goodbye Costa latte’s and lunches out) or shopping for unnecessary ‘stuff’. Travel and basic food can’t be helped but there will be no extras this month, I will be living with what I have (which is already more than enough) and get nothing new this month! It will be a challenge but I’m going to give it a go.
Let me know if you’ve made any new year’s resolutions, 2019 let’s do this!